Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Two Tops with 3 Bears

I finished up the Spring Log Cabin last week and took it to Margaret on Friday. Was a real learning experience on using lengthwise grain of fabric. Since there is no give and no easing, strips that are lengthwise grain have to be on top of crossgrain pieces so the feed dogs can ease in fullness. Even if they're exactly the same size, the feed dogs have to be on the crosswise because you'll lose 1/4" or so in a 15" strip if its reversed. That said, I really like using lengthwise grain....very predictable results.

The Spring Log Cabin is so bright that we're worried Judy won't like it. I'd like to keep it if she doesn't.

I quilted the Quilts for Kid piece and bound it using my sewing machine. I plan to piece a bento box quilt out of the Butterfly Fling jelly roll strips to send with the one made from their material. Hopefully I'll start that tonight.

Margaret said the submarine quilt was going on the frame on Saturday....but I think she's a little intimidated. I hope she'll just got for it....I'd like to get that one bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment