Monday, November 23, 2009

Bento Box for Quilts for Kids

Sunday I completed nine 12-inch blocks for a Quilts for Kids top. Here they are up on the design wall. Not that pretty...but I guess it'll do. I wanted to use up the Butterfly fling jelly roll - that doesn't make for a cohesive design strategy :)

Man! My sewing room looks terrible doesn't it? It looks even worse on the other side where I've been cutting and throwing stuff in a pile. I think I've made 4 quilts without putting up the scraps and fabric. I didn't used to be this sloppy did I? I suppose I'm trying to cram too much in and not making time for maintenance.

Of course I say that and I think -- but I want to finish this Quilts for Kids pair and mail them off this week....and I want to make Jessica's tree skirt by Thanksgiving. I think I should just stop and clean up enough to get the cabinets to close behind my 'design wall.'

Check out JudyL's blog to see what other quilters are up to this week.

1 comment: