Monday, October 26, 2009

Yellow Submarine Top & Back Complete!

Whew! It took me all day Sunday to finish it up. The top was complete for the quilt meeting and Maria very kindly said it was the best thing I'd ever done.

I was upset by the rippling between the top border and the center panel. I ended up ripping it out and resewing it after extensive measuring and trimming. I have a feeling that Margaret will be able to tell me why its slightly off....but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter.

The back was exhausting but fun and unique to see finished.

The quilt is certainly not perfect, but I have to admit, I'm proud of it. It is so inspiring to meet with other people and discuss our work and challenges. I get a lot of forward momentum from it.

The challenge for next month is to have the Cotton Boll basted....maybe accepting the challenge will be what it takes to get the ball rolling on that one at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment