Thursday, October 22, 2009

Quilt Plans and Hosting Bee Saturday

Had a very productive meeting with Margaret last Friday. Pretty much scrapped my all-over current lines over the submarine. She had some really cool patterns to use and thinks she can even out the slight lumpiness caused by the fusible. Tonight I'll trim and sew the borders on and try to finish the backing and take a photo.

She's also pretty adamant that she doesn't want to tackle the bunny quilt. I'll either have to hand quilt it or have Sarah do it. Very bummed. I love the way Margaret goes around applique.

I'd like to try to do a reproduction of a battered Baltimore Album Quilt. I wonder if there are people out there who are looking for someone to recreate a battered beauty?

I'm hosting Maria and Cathy on Saturday. We had a mini-challenge to each battle our current design/execution humps with a project. Maria has to get past the tree design issues in her mountain lake photo, Cathy has to put the leaves on her 11th bunny block and I've got to finish the sub top. Since I'm still working on mine, I've got lots of sewing to do tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment