Thursday, October 8, 2009

Yellow Submarine Quilt

Major progress on this quilt last night. Pieced the strips for the blooming nine patch dark side. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. Tonight I plan to sew the strips together and then to the center section. Maybe I'll piece what I can on the the light side blooming nine patches too. It makes me crazy that I can't see or get my hands on that yard of fabric Judy is giving me for my birthday! I need to know if its going to work as is or if I need to buy something else.

I'm getting truly excited about this one coming together. I'm already thinking of putting the back together with a long strip of Beatles portraits off center. I want to make a pillow case to store it in. I'm at the momentum point in a quilt plan where everything is pretty much decided and little lagniappe ideas start creeping in.....like doing the sides wavy or what colors to bind the sides (dark green, jade batik and medium ocean blue? all three!!). I'd like to add one more row and I have everything but a block of the dark blue-green dark....but maybe I can just throw in something similar or slightly off . It would still look good - only quirky -- maybe even a specially pieced Beatle. The possibilities are endless - to quote a famous quilter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment